*This post may have affiliate links. When you purchase through these links we will receive a commission. It helps us keep the lights on here and keeps what we do free :). Check our affiliate disclosure for more info
Here is our list of the best mixing & mastering services in 2021:
- Max Honsinger
- Dominion Analog Mastering
- MixButton Studios
- Mikes Mix & Master
- Cloud Bounce
- Kevin Carafa
- Rob Small
Table of Contents
Finding the best mixing and mastering services for your music in 2021 is an essential part in the process of releasing music.
Without a mix or master, your tracks will sound lifeless, dull & all the horrible words you can think of.
It’s important to get your music sounding the best before you distribute it for release, not only because you want your audience & listener to have the most amazing time listening to your track, but to sound great alongside the thousands of professional tracks already being released daily to Spotify, Apple Music & Souncloud.
You can do this with a professional mixing & mastering service. And, luckily for you there are tonnes of great services out online to choose from.
This article will run you through the 10 best studio mixing & mastering services & online mastering services right now.
Like with all our articles, there’s something for everyone.
So even if you have a small budget, you can still get incredible, professional mixing and mastering.
Human Mixing and Mastering Services
Here you’ll find the best of the best professional mixing & mastering services that aren’t AI based. If you want your track to sound exceptional, it’s better to go with human mastering.
With human work, comes a bigger price tag, but it’s well worth it.
Check out our list below.
Max Honsinger – Best Professional Mastering & Mix
Max is by far the best mixing and mastering engineer you will find in 2021. Having done work for the likes of Bastille, The 1975 & Years and Years, he’s a veteran at this stuff.
What stands out about Max is his combination of state of the art Analogue and Digital gear, which will give you all the warmth and thickness of vintage analog hardware, but also give you the precision of new age digital plugins.
Mixing is a crucial part of the release process, and with Max’s accolades and work, you can put your trust in him to get you most high quality mix and master you’ve heard.
Another great thing about using Max is that he offers a service which gives you access to the project file. If you’re looking to learn mixing and mastering, studying this file will give you incredible insight into how the professionals do it.
Max has a quick response time & turnaround time, meaning you’ll be able to stick to your release plan with ease.
Due to the professional nature of Max’s services, they come with a professional price tag. But, with everything considered, it’s more than worth the money if you can afford to spend it.
Max has 3 different tiers for you to choose from.
- Basic $140 – 1 song, 6 stem digital mixing and mastering, with 2 revisions and 4 day delivery time.
- Standard $295 – 1 song, 16 stem analog mixing and mastering with 3 revisions and 5 days delivery time.
- Premium $495 – 1 song, unlimited stem mixing and mastering with 5 revisions, 6 day delivery time & access to the project file for learning from.
- Incredible analog and digital gear that will make your track sound warm, thick and all kinds of gooey audio goodness.
- Fast turnaround time, so you’ll be able to stick to your release plan.
- Large amount of revisions. This means that if you don’t like the mix or master, you can get Max to change it about to suit your liking & needs.
- Huge industry accolades, so you can expect the quality mix and master you’re looking for.
- The most expensive mastering service on this list.
MixButton Studios are another premium mixing & mastering service with an incredible amount of industry experience. Having worked for the likes of Ed Sheeran, One Direction, London Grammar & a whole lot more – you can be sure to trust your mix in the hands of Mix Button Studios.
They use an incredible combination of precise digital gear, alongside beautifully warm analog pre-amps, compressors & more to get you the most precise, clean mix – without losing any charm or characteristics.
Some of the analog gear they use includes: the legendary LA-2A, API 560, Neve 2254 & other hardware classics that have shaped decades of old music, & continue to shape the modern era.
When messaging Mix Button Studios they were also extremely quick to reply & were able to answer all the questions I had.
You’re getting a lot of bang for your buck with MixButton Studios. With expertly trained engineers & state of the art analog gear, it’s a steal for premium mixing & mastering.
MixButton Studios offer 3 options:
- Mastering only $55 – 1 track, expert mastering using state of the art analog gear & 1 revision.
- Mixing only $155 – 1 song, 35 stem analog mixing & mastering, with 5 day delivery time & 1 revision.
- Mixing & Mastering $265 – 1 song, 35 stem analog mixing & mastering, with 5 day delivery time & 1 revision.
- Combination of state of the art analog & digital gear. Giving you the most pristine mix & master, without losing that warm character.
- Quick delivery time, so you’ll be able to stick to your release plan & satisfy your impatience.
- Expert audio engineers, all with degrees & an incredible list of industry accolades for big artists.
- Incredible industry accolades. Mix Button’s engineers have done work for huge artists including, Ed Sheeran, One Direction, London Grammar, Example & more!
- Can get quite pricey. Although you’re getting a great service, if your projects are on the bigger side you can rack up quite a bit of money.
Mikes Mix & Master – Best for Hip Hop & EDM
Mike has a whopping 17 years of experience in the music industry & has worked with a huge number of labels such as Maybach Music Group, Atlantic Music & more.
And, you’d think that because of those accolades, Mike would charge a huge amount – but he doesn’t. He’s actually one of the most affordable, professional mixing & mastering services on this list.
Also you can use our WHIPPEDCREAM10 code to receive a further 10% off your mix or master (or both)!
When reviewing Mike’s services, we found he provided the best result for EDM & Hip Hop tracks, but Mike can cover any genre, spanning from, Pop to Rock, Reggae, World & even Religious.
Take a listen for yourself below!
Mike’s services are great value for money.
- Mastering only $50 – 1 track, expert mastering using state of the art analog gear.
- Supreme Mix & Master $175 – 1 song, 48 stem analog mixing & mastering, with unlimited revisions & social media promotion.
- Album Mastering $336 – Entire album mastering with, crossfades, noise reduction, album art encoding & files for CD replication.
- Incredible industry accolades & experience. Mike’s Mix & Master has worked for the likes of Maybach music, Atlantic records & a whole lot more. He’s also got 17 years of experience in the industry – you can trust Mike with your mix or master.
- Analog & Digital gear. A hybrid blend of analog and digital gear for the most precise, clean & warm mix.
- Great customer satisfaction. Mike’s goal is to leave every customer happy & their customer service is A grade because of it.
- Revisions on lower cost items are an extra $15. If you go for the lower packages, you have to purchase addons for revisions, apple digital masters & additional stems.
Dominion Analog Mastering – Best Value for Money Mastering Service
Dominion (Felishm) is next on the human list because of the sheer value for money. However, if you’re also looking for a mix, then you might want to check some of the other services as this is mastering only.
He’s a profession mastering engineer that has a degree in audio & music production and over 6 years experience of mastering any genre of music.
That means you’ll be able to send him anything, from EDM to folk music, you name it, Dominion does it.
With over 1,000 5 star ratings, his studio mastering service is among the best available to purchase online. And, for the price, the service is an absolute steal for music producers on a tight budget.
Dominion Mastering, uses state of the art of professional analog & digital gear to get you that vintage audio warmth, without sacrificing the precision.
Here’s a list of his outboard, analog gear alone! You can check his website to see more.
Felishm has 3 different packages to choose from, so whatever you’re looking for, he’ll have something for your track(s).
- Basic $30 – 1 song, analog audio mastering with professional outboard equipment & 2 days delivery time.
- Standard $120 – EP analog audio mastering through professional outboard equipment & 2 days delivery time.
- Premium $200 – 1 full-length album, professionally mastered using analog outboard gear & 2 days delivery time.
- Huge range of analog outboard gear used with digital to give you all the warmth of vintage hardware, without sacrificing precision.
- Best value service for analog sound. If you’re on a budget, then this is the best mastering service for you.
- Exceptionally quick turnaround meaning you’ll get your audio master file back quicker.
- High quality audio file which will come as a 24bit wav file.
- Revisions cost $10 as all the analog gear will have to be re-adjusted based on session notes.
- Two formats cost $5, which means if you want digital downloads & CD duplication you’ll have to pay more.
Andrey – Best Value for Money Mixing and Mastering
Andrey is one of the finer mix & mastering engineers, and is great value for money when you’re looking to get both a mix and a master on a budget.
He’s a music producer, mix & mastering engineer from Ukraine who has the upmost degree of professionalism. Having worked on more that 5,000 online projects, he has been featured on major networks such as Fox, Netflix & CW.
With all that under his belt, you can put your trust fully in Andrey, to return your tracks with exceptional quality and speed.
Andrey works by using digital gear to mix, master & pitch correct your tracks with nothing but precision and clarity.
Andrey is one of the cheaper mix and mastering engineers on this list and offers a whole lot for his prices! Not only will he mix your tracks, but he’ll master them and make sure that they are in key too!
Andrey offers 3 packages:
- Basic Mix and Master $45 – 1 track mixing, mastering and pitch correction of 10 stems, with 2 revisions and returned as a 24 bit wav & MP3 file.
- Optimal Mix and Master $65 – 1 track mixing, mastering and pitch correction of 20 stems, with 2 revisions & returned as 24 bit wav & MP3 file.
- Premium Mix & Master $100 – 1 track mix, master and advanced pitch correction of 30 stems, with 4 revisions, returned as a 24 bit wav and MP3 file.
- Mix, master and on top of that pitch correction. This means you’ll not only get a high quality mix and master, but Andrey will ensure your track is sounding at its best harmonically.
- Quick delivery time, meaning you’ll get your sweet sounding master back sooner.
- Revisions on each package, so if you don’t like anything you can ask Andrey to change it.
- Incredible industry accolades, meaning you can put your full trust in Andrey.
- Great value for mixing and mastering, plus on top you get pitch correction!
- No analog gear used, which could remove that warmth and vintage feel.
- Only best at modern genres. If you’re looking for an EDM, Hip Hop, Rap or Trap mix you’re fine, but older genres aren’t as great.
Kevin Carafa – Cheapest Human Mix & Mastering Engineer
Kevin Carafa has over 18 years experience in the music industry and is an incredible mix & master engineer. He’s also extremely good value for money, if you’re looking for the basics.
He’s got a B.A. in music & sound engineering and is genre fluid, so you can send him anything from EDM to Rock!
He’s the top choice if you’re looking to get audio & music production services on a budget.
Kevin only offers 2 packages – a basic mix and a basic master. The rest of the more advanced stuff come as add-ons, which you pay more for.
Being the best value for money mastering engineer on this list, Kevin is the top pick for music producers on a budget.
He offers 2 packages:
- Basic Mix $5 – 1 track basic level adjustment, EQ and compression returned as a wav & MP3.
- Basic Master $5 – 1 track professional master with adjustments in EQ and loudness for optimal playback
- Extreme value for money. Kevin is by far the cheapest option on this list, so if you’re on a budget, he’s your guy.
- Analog & digital gear for optimal precision and warmth in your tracks.
- 1,000 5 star reviews, meaning you can put your trust in Kevin to return a fantastic job!
- Mixing is basic. There’s not much Kevin does for just the $5. He’ll adjust EQ, compression and levels to give a balanced mix, but it won’t bring warmth & punch.
- Lots of upsells. Kevin has a wide range of upsells for his mixing package so you can get it to sound better. Ends up being similar prices to the engineers listed above.
Rendemc – Professional Mastering for EDM
Rendemc is another great value mixing and mastering engineer. He currently lives in Los Angeles, which is home to some of the top music creatives & audio engineers.
With over 10 years experience in the game, Rendmc is a solid choice when looking for professional mastering that’s also affordable.
Due to his experience, he is a master of all genres, but specialises in particularly EDM, Hip Hop, Pop, Chill & lofi music.
Throughout those 10 year, he’s released countless original tracks and remixes, which have done the rounds on streaming services like Spotify & Apple Music – racking up millions of plays.
You can purchase Rendmc’s mix & master service online. He offers three different packages to choose from.
Here’s what is offered:
- Mastering Only $15 – 1 track audio mastering, with 2 days delivery & 1 revision. Rendmc will make your track radio ready & it will stand out among the competition.
- Mixing & Mastering Standard $25 – 1 track mastering & 7 stem mixing with 3 days delivery and 3 revisions.
- Mixing & Mastering Premium $45 – 1 track mastering & 15 stem mixing, with a 4 day delivery time & 3 revisions.
- Top notch audio mastering with an incredible price.
- Offers sample mixes, so if you’re on the fence, this can help you decide.
- Accepts Ableton project files. If you’re an Ableton user, this saves you from exporting load of tracks.
- Specialised in EDM, so if you’re looking for your EDM tracks to pop, Rendmc can help.
- HQ audio file, delivered as a 24 bit wav & MP3
- Low amount of stems. If you have a big project it could end up costing a fair amount.
- No mention of analog gear. So, if you want a warm, vintage sound check the other services on this list.
Mastering.com, offer fast, human, analog and affordable mastering online. They have some of the best, grammy winning engineers at their disposal & the gear they use could warm up your feet on an ice cold day.
They’ve worked with tonnes of massive artists, including Kanye West, A$AP Rocky and Skrillex to name a few.
Mastering.com’s focus is on using human engineers and entirely analog gear, to deliver you the best end product possible. They also have multiple engineers from 3 different time zones. so they’re able to produce these results rapidly.
For real, high quality, analog mastering, Mastering.com stand out among the crowd. With affordable prices and over 10,000 songs mastered. with grammys, left and right, you can put your trust in Mastering.com to deliver the most phenomenal results.
Mastering.com offer two different packages for your mastering needs & they are as follows:
- Stereo Mastering $150 – 1 track stereo mastering, with a maximum 3 day turnaround & unlimited revisions.
- Stem Mastering $300 – 1 track individual stem mastering, with a maximum 5 day turnaround & unlimited free revisions.
- Analog gear only. No emulations, no plugins, just real analog gear that’s top quality!
- Human. No robots or algorithms. A creative human that can inject soul and spirit into your tracks.
- Quite pricey. If you’re on a low budget like most diy musicians, then they cost a lot. But, for the service, they are cheap compared to most.
Rob Small is an MFiT certified industry standard mastering engineer, who has done work for the likes of Daft Punk, Hot Since 82, Sony Music and countless other chart toppers.
With over 10 years experience in the mastering space, Rob Small is a veteran.
He specialises particularly in dance & electronic music, providing, warm, punchy masters that have fantastic clarity.
Using Rob’s services, your tracks will get incredible treatment, with awesome analog & digital gear that will give your music the impact it needs to stand out in the crowd.
Rob Small is one of the cheaper options on this list & offers some great deals.
- Single Master $16.13 – 1 track master, with 1 revision.
- 4 – 14 Masters $12.91/track – multiple masters, with 1 revision.
- 24hr Turnaround $25.81 – 1 track master, with 1 revision to be returned 24hrs after purchase.
- Cheap affordable mastering, that doesn’t cut back on the quality.
- Analog & digital gear, used to give your track the warmth and clarity it needs.
- Years of experience, in the electronic and dance music scene, being the best in its space.
- Specialises in dance music. If you’re looking for mastering on anything that’s not electronic, it’s advisable to use someone else on this list.
- MP3 Conversion is an upsell. It’s an extra $1.29 for MP3 files.
Online Mastering Services
Here you’ll find the top online mastering services, you can use to get your tracks ready for commercial use. These online tools use AI to make calibrated changes to your tracks, and they do an awesome job of it!
Online mastering services are the best value for money mastering that you will find, but unfortunately don’t provide mixing.
CloudBounce – Best Online Mastering Service 2021
CloudBounce is an online mastering company that uses state of the art AI to analyse your tracks and make calibrated adjustments.
CloudBounce masters sound just as professional as human mastering, but come at a fraction of the price & are done, ready to go in minutes. They’re also an Abbey Road Red company.
If you haven’t heard of Abbey Road, it is one of the most world renowned studios of all time. So, you can expect that, if they’re backing it, the technology is great & it sounds phenomenal.
The online mastering company also allows you to try their service out, offering free mastering to test your tracks in.
Alongside all that, you also get some input on your master with CloudBounce, with options to select different genres, volume, brightness, warmth & bass.
Being and online company that offers studio mastering quality, CloudBounce are excessively cheap. They offer some incredible packages and are among the best online mastering companies about.
Here’s what they offer:
- Pay as You Go $9.90 – 1 track studio quality mastering, with the option to download CD quality and hi-res wav files.
- Infinity (Monthly) $19.90- Unlimited tracks for master each month, with CD quality & hi-res wav files. Also comes with lifetime cloud backup, which saves all your files online.
- Infinity (Yearly) $199.99 – Unlimited tracks for master all year round, with cloud back up, CD quality and 24 bit hi-res wav files.
- Incredible studio quality mastering, which comes at a fraction of the price you’d pay.
- Cloud storage you can use to store all your files on, saving space on your computer.
- Instant mastering, completed in a matter of minutes.
- 15 genre specific mastering styles. Whatever style your tracks are, CloudBounce will cover it.
- 10 post-mastering options, you can use to tweak you master to your liking.
- Not human. Although the AI is incredibly intelligent, human input & listening always helps to sculpt your sound further.
Landr is another company that uses intelligent AI mastering engineers to analyse your tracks, and make adjustments. And, among all the other services out there, it is one of the best online mastering companies in 2021.
They offer professional, studio grade mastering at a fraction of the price that the rest of the services offer on this list.
The best thing about Landr is that it’s instant – you can hear your results in just a couple of minutes.
Landr works by analysing your track’s production style & references it next to its huge library of music genres. It then creates a unique fingerprint, and based off what it learns, it creates a unique set of post-production processors, tailored to your track.
After all that, the mastering software uses machine learning to adjust all the parameters with surgical precision to bring out the best in your track.
One of the coolest things about Landr is, that you can upload entire albums for mastering & they’ll apply audio processing to get a consistent sound throughout, allowing for cohesion of your larger work.
They also offer further customisation, giving you some input into your master & how it sounds.
Landr is the cheapest option on this list for professional mastering. It’s also incredibly quick and doesn’t leave you waiting around. They also offer your first master for free, so you can check it out before you buy!
Here’s how it’s priced:
- Basic $6/month – Unlimited LO-MP3 mastering, with the ability to pay more for hi-res wavs.
- Advanced $14/month – Unlimited HI-MP3 mastering, with the option to pay more for high quality wavs.
- Pro $39/month – Unlimited hi-res wav mastering, with MP3’s included as well.
You can also pay yearly for these.
- Studio quality mastering, for a fraction of the price that you’d pay a mastering engineer.
- Access to promotional tools, included with the plan for release strategies.
- Distribution included, meaning you’ll be able to get your music on Spotify & Apple Music.
- Two free masters/month. You can sign up on a free account and get 2 masters a month.
- Basic & Advanced plans aren’t that great. Having to pay extra for wavs sucks because you need to upload wavs to Spotify.
- Pricing is confusing. It’s difficult to understand what you actually get for the money.
- Not human. Although the AI is incredibly intelligent, human input & listening always helps to sculpt your sound further.
To recap, here’s our list of the best mixing and mastering engineers:
- Max Honsinger
- Dominion Analog Mastering
- Mix Button Studios
- Mikes Mix & Master
- Cloud Bounce
- Kevin Carafa
- Rob Small
Having a good mix and master for you music is hands down the most essential thing to get sorted before releasing it to the world. You want to be releasing your best work, & a good mix and master will ensure this.