Celemony Melodyne 5 Studio
Pitch Correction Plugin
Celemony Melodyne 5 Studio
Introducing Melodyne 5 Studio, the industry standard in pitch correction on anything from vocals to instrument takes.
The main difference:
Melodyne Studio includes everything in Editor, and some more. Including Quantization, Multitrack editing and macros to multiple tracks.
Melodyne Studio will take your productions to the next level, and is used in almost every professional studio for vocal production & tuning.
If you’re looking for other Melodyne versions, there are 3:
Some Impressive Features
- Percussive, melodic & chord recognition algorithms to pickup pitches of instruments like Tabla, 808s etc, melodic for guitar, piano, vocals, and chord to identify chord patterns in recordings.
- Levelling macro that can detect and smooth large volume jumps in vocal takes or instruments.
- Note based autotune, which can be used to change keys, and individual notes to anything.
- An impressive algorithm that can read audio and directly pinpoint it’s current pitch.
- Macros for editing time, pitch, and tempo.
- Tempo detection and editing. Change the timing of your samples to fit your tracks easily.
- Polyphonic audio to MIDI exporting. You can export your samples as MIDI with polyphony.
- Polyphonic DNA algorithm, which allows you to edit polyphonic recordings like guitar, piano etc.
- Multitrack editing. Make edits to the notes of multiple tracks in one instance of Melodyne. Get everything in the correct key swiftly.
- Quantize to reference track. Let Melodyne worry about the timing of your sample or vocals. It will analyze your recording and quantise your track for you! Getting it perfectly in time.
- Apply multiple macros at once. Apply your editing across multiple tracks all with the click of one button. Seamless workflow & integration with multiple tracks.
- Ability to change tuning settings to different musical systems and options to choose from a selection of scales to tune vocals to.
- Incredible tuning technology that leaves vocals sounding untampered and creates natural sounding results automatically.
- Award winning technology
- VST, VST3, AU, AAX, ARA, ARA 2, standalone format
What Is Celemony Melodyne 5 Studio?
Melodyne Studio is an advanced pitch editing plugin made by Celemony, that takes autotune to a whole new plane of existence.
As stated on Celemony’s website: “Melodyne grants you unrivalled access to all the musical details in your recordings and samples”
But what does that mumbo jumbo mean?
Melodyne 5 Studio offers something called note based editing, which can read your audio recordings or samples, and find the exact pitch, intonation and time of the sample you run through it’s algorithms. It then maps these in a note format that you can drag and drop across a chromatic scale.
So to put it in layman’s terms, it identifies pitch and maps it on a piano note format, which you can then edit yourself.
This process is possible using Celemony’s sophisticated analysis system that delves deeply into your recordings or samples, and recognizes the musical relationships in them. It can recognise things like the individual notes and their characteristics, the scales, keys and chords, the timing, the tempo, the tone color. And with Melodyne Studio 5 you can edit all these things intuitively on a familiar MIDI roll-like format, editing pitch and timing changes.
You can do this with vocals, and even with instruments like Piano, Keys and guitar – using the polyphonic DNA algorithm to map multiple notes and change them. With Studio, you can also detect chords, andedit the makeup of them, using Melodyne’s chord recognition technology.
In Celemony Melodyne 5, notes are represented by blobs of audio that look like waveforms. You can manipulate these with a selection of powerful tools, built in, being able to edit things like: pitch, vibrato, volume, sibilants, length, timing and formants of each note.
In this way, you can enhance in a musical yet straightforward manner the intonation, phrasing, dynamics and timbre of a performance, and the algorithms ensure that it all sounds entirely natural and doesn’t ruin the authenticity of your recordings.
- Note editing instead of waveforms. Inside Celemony Melodyne Studio you can see your recordings broken down into notes that can be moved to any pitch. You have the full power and control to change the key, timing, pitch and tone of your vocals, instruments and other polyphonic recordings – you can even do percussive editing.
- Tools and macros. With tools alongside the clever musical analysis system, Melodyne allows you to edit intonation, melody and harmony, rhythms, grooves, dynamics, formants and much more. Using the clever built-in tools & macros.
- Multitrack Note Editing. Melodyne makes pitch editing across multiple tracks easy, by allowing you to edit multiple tracks inside one window.
- Recognises the essential. Celemony Melodyne 5 is capable of recognising your chord track, keys track, tunings and tempos. That means you can edit single lead melody lines or even the make-up of chords.
- Innovative sound design. Access the overtones of your instruments directly and change their tone color in unique ways. Using an ultra-musical equalizer, resynthesis and morphing.
- Compatibility and user-friendliness. Melodyne can be operated via ARA (audio random access) or as a plugin natively inside your DAW. You also have options for a standalone version of Melodyne 5 Studio.
- Polyphonic DNA algorithm. This allows you to run a piano sample through Melodyne and get the polyphonic melody notes mapped for you, giving you full control over the key, tempo and tone of any sample or loop!
What Does Melodyne 5 Studio Do?
Melodyne Studio 5 is the industry standard vocal pitching plugin.
Studio 5 contains the same features as the versions before it, and improves on it, by offering Quantization features, Multitrack editing, and multitrack macros.
This means you can quickly dial in settings across multiple tracks at once to instantly get them in time, or the exact key.
With Quantize to reference, you can get your track in time instantly to your reference, letting Melodyne analyze it and do the heavy lifting.
With Studio you have access to everything you need for professional vocal editing.
The freedom to warp and re-mangle from sampling, to vocal mixing & editing is beyond anything else available, and unlike any other autotune plugins around.
Natural pitch correction
Vocal editing with Melodyne get’s them perfectly in tune, but doesn’t sound like they’ve had any processing – sounding natural and free.
Three independent tools are offered for pitch correction that allow you to modify the intonation and vibrato of a performance in such a way that its flaws vanish but its vitality, presence and penetration remain intact. This can be done with surgical precision by hand or using the intelligent macro, which, like a trained ear, can distinguish between the kind of deviations and fluctuations in pitch that are unintended and the kind that are the lifeblood of a perfect performance.
You obtain vocal tracks that are as perfect as you could wish, yet sound as though they’d never been touched.
Getting a good vocal performance isn’t just about being in tune, you’ve also got things to worry about like dynamics, “ss” and “p” sounds.
These are otherwise known as Timing, Phrasing and Dynamics.
You can control all of these with Celemony Melodyne Studio 5 by simply altering the position, length, internal timing, volume and their fades.
One of the coolest things about Celemony Melodyne 5 is that it processes the sounds that have pitch and sounds that don’t have pitch separately, which means you can tame the noise like components separately.
Allowing you to tame things like guitar string screeches, “sss” vocal sounds and more.
Having this allows you to set-up your de-esser a lot more accurately, ultimately leaving you with more vocal information and a less tampered, ore natural sounding signal.
On top of all that, Melodyne 5 Studio can even detect your instrument overtones, allowing you to process them individually and giving you options to change tone, pitch and time.
Beyond the basic functions of Melodyne Studio 5 (moving up to studio), you’re able to control things like tone, with the Formant Tool to make more alterations.
With Melodyne Studio 5 vocal editing, you can be sure to get the highest possible sound quality, and ensure a professional vocal editing sound.
With the introduction of Quantize to reference, and Multi-track editing, using Melodyne has never been easier.
Apply the same processing or tuning parameters to multiple tracks at once, and apply the exact same macros for control too!
Quantize to your reference to get an instantly, in time sample, and let Melodyne analyze and match your reference’s timing.
What’s New In Celemony Melodyne 5 Studio?
With upgrades comes better functionality, and more musical analysis. Celemony Melodyne 5 Studio improves on the already grammy award winning technology (the melodic detection algorithm), to make your vocal editing even breezier. Now recognising pitch and timing changes, automatically applying correction with a few clicks.
Chord Track & Chord Grid
The all new chord track included with Celemony Melodyne 5 Studio also gives you the ability to change chord notes faster, to suit your tracks. With the chord track & chord grid, Melodyne shows you exactly what pitches work with the current chords you have, allowing you to make informed decisions on the fly, and quickly get a sample working in the context of a track.
Better Musical Detection
The vocal detection in Melodyne has become even better too, detecting the un-pitched sounds of your vocals, and even your instrument melody loops/recordings. This gives you full control over the important musical parameters of your sample, and separating your breath sounds for precise processing.
You can also use this in the instance of overtones on guitar or piano recordings, and being able to separately edit them, giving you more precise control over how your music sounds.
New Percussive Pitched Mode
With the addition of the percussive pitched mode, you can now detect the pitch of… you guessed it, percussive instruments. Meaning you can alter percussive samples, loops and recordings with Melodyne 5 Studio award winning tools. Percussive pitched is a welcome addition to Melodyne 5
New Robust Pitch Curve Algorithm
Another new addition with Melodyne 5, this algorithm focuses solely on improving pitch detection with samples that have things like delay, reverb, and other heavy processing on them that wash the sound and make it more difficult to detect.
Improved Pitch Correction
Melodyne 5 Studio bases its algorithms off real-life hearing, and how the human ear & brain work. That means that correcting your recordings to a set pitch is not always the answer. In fact the movement of pitch is desired in vocal recording in order for them to sound natural.
With the new version of Melodyne 5 Studio, it allows you to set the offset to 0, giving your vocal a more in-tune feel, but not destroying the natural tuning and performance.
Digital Product Delivered To Email
Compare Melodyne Versions:
For Melodyne 5 essential, assistant, editor and studio
- macOSIntel Dual Core processor (Quad Core or better recommended), 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended), macOS 10.12 (64-bit) or higher. Melodyne 5.1 is compatible with macOS 11 Big Sur on Intel-based Macs as well as on ARM-based Macs under “Rosetta”.
- Windows Intel Dual Core Processor, or AMD Dual Core processor (Quad Core or better recommended),
- 4 GB RAM (8 GB or more recommended),
- Windows 10 (64-bit), Windows 11 or higher, ASIO-compatible audio hardware.
- ActivationComputer-based or iLok USB dongle (2nd or 3rd generation), Melodyne essential only computer-based. Internet access is required for the first activation.
- InterfacesPlug-in operation via VST3, AU or AAX. ARA integration with compatible DAWs, as set out in the section on DAW compatibility.
Melodyne also works as a standalone application.
Celemony have tested Melodyne 5, and it works on the following DAWs:
- Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.12 under Windows 10 Pro and macOS 10.15
- Logic Pro X 10.5.1 under macOS 10.14.6 to 10.15
- Cubase 11.0.20 (ARA) under Windows 10 Pro and macOS 10.15
- Studio One 5.2.1 (64-bit) under Windows 10 and macOS 10.13 to 10.15
- Cakewalk 2021.01 under Windows 10 Pro
- Live 11.0 (64-bit) under Windows 10 Pro, macOS 10.15 (AU)
- DP 10.13 under macOS 10.15 (64-bit, AU)
- Nuendo 11.0.20 (ARA) under Windows 10 and macOS 10.15
- Samplitude Pro X5 16.2.0 (64-bit) under Windows 10
- Sequoia 15.4.2 (ARA, 64-bit) under Windows 10
- Mixcraft 9.0.0 (64-bit) under Windows 10
- Reaper 6.2.3 under Windows 10 and macOS 10.15
- Magix Sound Forge Pro 13.0.95 under Windows 10
You’ll get an email from us within 24hrs including your digital download link and serial key.
If you’ve ordered a sample pack, or Serum presets you won’t need a serial key.
If you have a technical problem with your product that is outside of being unable to download the installer or redeem your code, please contact the manufacturers support line.
For all inquiries related to the sale, contact us on email@example.com
We match prices here at Whipped Cream Sounds. We pride ourselves on being the best place for music producers to get the gear, and plugins they need for the lowest price.
If you’ve found a lower price from an online retailer we’ll keep our promise and match it.
We have a 14 day return policy on all our products. For plugins where you haven’t authorised the product, and it’s been before 14 days, you can email us to start a return and we’ll process it for you.
If you have a technical issue, you’ll need to contact us with screenshots and a reason why you feel the refund is necessary.
If you have activated your product you waive your right to a refund.
You can learn more about our refunds policy on our refunds policy page.
- Essential – basic time & pitch
- Assistant – includes audio to MIDI, tempo detection & more in depth pitch control.
- Editor – introduces Polyphonic Direct Note Access, which allows you edit things like piano pieces. Also detect scale functions & further scale editing.
- Studio – Polyphony, Quantization, Tempo, Advanced pitching tools & more.
If you want a full overview of different Melodyne versions, please check out our compare Melodyne versions where we go into great detail about the differences.
Melodyne 5 doesn’t work on Windows 7. Melodyne 4 and below will work on Windows 7. If you want to upgrade your Melodyne to 5, you’ll need to upgrade your OS too. If not, just stick with Melodyne 4.
Any descriptions about brands and their products on this website and page are for description purposes only. The brands have no association with Whipped Cream Sounds and their respective trademarks are their own. Whipped Cream Sounds is simply a re-seller. Any bonuses that the brands supply are their own to redeem. Whipped Cream Sounds doesn’t accept any liability for inaccurate descriptions, or the contents of the product.